ABOUT STEPHEN MINISTRY
Stephen Ministry is designed to train laypeople for caring ministry. Loving others in Jesus’ name is a challenge and an opportunity for all God’s children. Likewise, the joy of helping others is the privilege of all Christians, for the Holy Spirit has given gifts to each Christian to use in service to others and to build up the church (1 Corinthians 12:7–11).
Stephen Ministry will rely on the gifts the Holy Spirit has given to our lay members so that, as more people are equipped to care, Christ’s love for us will be able to go out from us in ever greater and more effective ways.
to visit the Stephen Ministries website for more info.
for an informational brochure.
CLICK HERE to watch video testimonies or read inspirational stories about compassion in action.
If you are interested in Stephen Ministry training, please email Pastor Cindy Lundin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 765-453-7078. Please also attend the informational meeting:
Stephen Ministry Training Sessions
Mondays, Sept. 12- Jan. 30
East Wing Choir Area
We are currently training Stephen Ministers who will provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to people who are:
- Grieving the death of a loved one
- Hospitalized or recovering from hospitalization
- Lonely or discouraged
- Coping with a terminal illness or caring for a family member with a terminal illness
- Unemployed or in a job crisis
- Disabled or caring for an ill or disabled family member
- Moving or relocating
- New to the congregation or the community
- Anticipating the birth or adoption of a child
- Homebound or institutionalized
- Transitioning into retirement
- Dealing with the crisis of aging
- Facing a life transition
- Experiencing a spiritual crisis
- Victims of a disaster or accident
- Facing countless other crises or life challenges or who are going through a difficult time and could benefit from the care of a supportive Christian friend.
PLEASE NOTE: Stephen Ministers will not serve until their training is completed. Requests for care can be made at a later date.